Displaying your screen content to others during a Teams meeting or call for collaboration
After raising a support ticket with Microsoft, I was told the following.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm writing to report an issue with screen sharing in Microsoft Teams after updating Microsoft Edge to version 131.0.2903.48 (Official build) (64-bit) this morning (18/11/2024).
The Problem:
When attempting to share my screen in Microsoft Teams through the Edge browser, I can only share the browser window itself. Sharing the entire screen or specific applications is not possible.
Additionally, clicking "Share Screen" causes my camera to turn off with an error message stating "Your video isn't working. We couldn't access your camera."
This issue occurs in both the Microsoft Teams web app within Edge and the standalone Teams desktop application (if available on your platform).
Troubleshooting Attempts:
I have verified that screen sharing works flawlessly in Google Chrome on the same system.
A colleague using Ubuntu 24.04 is experiencing the same problem, suggesting the issue is not specific to Ubuntu 22.04.
Possible Cause:
This issue may be related to the recent Edge update or potential compatibility issues with Ubuntu.
Request:
I would appreciate it if you could investigate this issue and provide a possible solution or workaround. Additionally, please consider escalating this issue to the appropriate team if necessary.
Displaying your screen content to others during a Teams meeting or call for collaboration
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I am having the same issue with Ubuntu 22.04 and edge browser, works fine in Chrome. I have approximately 1300 users impacted by this issue.
I did a downgrade of microsoft edge and the screen sharing is working.
sudo apt --reinstall -y microsoft-edge-stable=130.0.2849.46-1
apt-mark hold microsoft-edge-stable
microsoft-edge-stable --version
Remember to close all opened edge and teams.
I did a "kill" to be sure
killall msedge
Thanks, but we don't want to downgrade our fleet. We will use chrome until MS fixes the issue.
I can second that. No chance to downgrade something when infosec is a big issue for every application.
Don't want to hijack that issue. But MS has some strange decision making (overall qualitity?) regarding their own browser. For example FIDO2 support missing in edge4linux https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/entra/identity/authentication/concept-fido2-compatibility