Displaying your screen content to others during a Teams meeting or call for collaboration
After raising a support ticket with Microsoft, I was told the following.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm writing to report an issue with screen sharing in Microsoft Teams after updating Microsoft Edge to version 131.0.2903.48 (Official build) (64-bit) this morning (18/11/2024).
The Problem:
When attempting to share my screen in Microsoft Teams through the Edge browser, I can only share the browser window itself. Sharing the entire screen or specific applications is not possible.
Additionally, clicking "Share Screen" causes my camera to turn off with an error message stating "Your video isn't working. We couldn't access your camera."
This issue occurs in both the Microsoft Teams web app within Edge and the standalone Teams desktop application (if available on your platform).
Troubleshooting Attempts:
I have verified that screen sharing works flawlessly in Google Chrome on the same system.
A colleague using Ubuntu 24.04 is experiencing the same problem, suggesting the issue is not specific to Ubuntu 22.04.
Possible Cause:
This issue may be related to the recent Edge update or potential compatibility issues with Ubuntu.
Request:
I would appreciate it if you could investigate this issue and provide a possible solution or workaround. Additionally, please consider escalating this issue to the appropriate team if necessary.
Displaying your screen content to others during a Teams meeting or call for collaboration
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
For those running edge in flatpak, this will revert to the last version that works:
flatpak update --commit=4755afeac44fdcb2674aa464a418e7fddc9db5db94dbbb0400
06d9057321880a com.microsoft.Edge
Same issue as others reported. Attempting to share the screen makes camera turn off and fails to share.
oddly on my dell the camera light also just flashed in meetings for no reason I could find.
Couple of minutes back a new release was made available for Microsoft Edge with version 131.0.2903.63-1, but the issue still exists!!!!
Thanks, I can confirm same on Fedora 41
For time being, I locked working Edge version, so it would not update to non working one. I hope @Microsoft will fix that soon, as this is not solution.
medacant@starship:~$ sudo dnf versionlock add microsoft-edge-stable
Updating and loading repositories:
Repositories loaded.
Adding versionlock on "microsoft-edge-stable = 130.0.2849.80-1".
medacant@starship:~$ sudo dnf versionlock list
Package name: microsoft-edge-stable
evr = 130.0.2849.80-1
medacant@starship:~$ rpm -qa |grep edge
microsoft-edge-stable-130.0.2849.80-1.x86_64
I confirm also on arch the new release does not solve the issue.
I am just using Firefox for the time being and probably stick to it since it seems to be working just fine