Teams Rooms - Newest version causing issues with device certification?

Anonymous
2024-01-04T09:19:36+00:00

After updating a some HP Conferencing units to Teams Rooms 4.19.57.0, I get an error:

"Microsoft Teams Room device isn't certified.

You must insert the HDMI adaptor that came with this device. If you continue to have problems, contact your organisation's admin or IT support desk."

These systems worked perfectly well on the 4.18 versions.

I have tried with & without the HDMI adaptor.

Is there a way to downgrade Teams Rooms versions at all? I've tried "Reset this PC" multiple times but it only seems to re-install the 4.19 version.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T11:24:20+00:00

    I am seeing exactly the same error, however i am using a Lenovo core with Logitech peripherals, i may have to flash the image back to an earlier version and test again

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T09:34:41+00:00

    Hi there,
    I have got this from one of our customer. not sure if the root cause is the same, but I could fixe it by updating the GC8 (controller) to the latest version.
    Can you please try and let us know?

    Seems like this has fixed the issue.

    Luckily, we had some GC8s stocked. Had to connect it to a separate system first to update, but the error message has disappeared.

    A strange problem, as a touch-panel was never a requirement on the older versions of Rooms.

    Looks like we'll have to keep a GC8 on our workbench for the future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T08:12:50+00:00

    Hi there,
    I have got this from one of our customer. not sure if the root cause is the same, but I could fixe it by updating the GC8 (controller) to the latest version.
    Can you please try and let us know?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-05T22:30:38+00:00

    Hello LouD01,

    I hope this finds you well.

    On further checks, looks like we have received a number of requests on this, and the team is currently looking in the situation.

    Also, as an organization admin, you can also raise a service request to report this symptom to our online channel through the Microsoft Teams admin center. At the bottom-right side of the page, select Need help. A support agent can further connect with you remotely, for further troubleshooting and involve the backend team which might be needed for further checks. Get support for Microsoft 365 for business -- Online support.

    I will also revert back when I get more info on this.

    Your patience and cooperation are much appreciated.

    Best Regards,

    Ashraf.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-04T15:57:35+00:00

    Dear LouD01,

    Good day!

    Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist. We are looking into your situation and we need to do further tests. We will update the thread shortly.

    Appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for your time and cooperation.

    Sincerely,

    Ashraf | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments