Why won't my Teams "Out of Office" status turn off?

Anonymous
2023-06-05T23:55:57+00:00

I set my out of office a couple weeks ago and have not been able to find a way to turn the status off. I've tried for about 4 days now. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Online status

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-08T13:12:13+00:00

    My automatic replies are off. I've reset my Teams status. I've closed my Outlook and re-opened. I even created a new calendar event to show me as "busy" this morning. Nothing has changed - it still shows me as out of office. This happens every single time I have automatic replies on and it's really incredibly frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T06:53:12+00:00

    "During your Out Of Office period, if you received a meeting invite that fell on those dates, but also extended beyond them to dates when you’d be back in the office, they will all be marked as Out of Office. You will have to remove these invites to get rid of the Out of Office status in Microsoft Teams."

    This is SO STUPID.

    Why would it be this way?

    What a terrible software Teams is, and terrible company Microsoft is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-29T15:12:29+00:00

    Turn Off Automatic Replies OFF in the settings of the Outlook works fine for me.

    Thanks a lot. It helps me a lot, Great !!!

    I set my out of office a couple weeks ago and have not been able to find a way to turn the status off. I've tried for about 4 days now. Please help.

    I found a fix that might be useful for OP. See steps:

    1 - Open MS Outlook logged in the same account which is being used in Microsoft Teams;

    2 - Turn off automatic replies in outlook, this can be achieved by clicking button available on top of outlook User Interface.

    (Used Microsoft Outlook and Teams on MacOS)

    3 - Check MS Teams status bar/ Or try reset status;

    My solution for this problem was not related to any invite but rather because I had enabled automatic replies on Outlook. Apparently, it is not possible to have Outlook automatic responses turned-on while having a status which is other than 'Out Of Office'.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-04T06:33:54+00:00

    This is the most unintuitive action ever. Why would I have to decline an invitation to change my OOO status? That should only make me either available or unavailable to the invitation itself, not my in-office status.

    Every time I think MS got something right, they put all their effort into making something ridiculously wrong

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-10T21:14:30+00:00

    What a piece of ****

    No wonder so many of us hate Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments