Managing presence indicators such as Available, Busy, or Away to reflect user availability
Agree - am so not deleting my invites etc in the hope to fix this issue, how crazy . MS please fix
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I set my out of office a couple weeks ago and have not been able to find a way to turn the status off. I've tried for about 4 days now. Please help.
Managing presence indicators such as Available, Busy, or Away to reflect user availability
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Agree - am so not deleting my invites etc in the hope to fix this issue, how crazy . MS please fix
I set my out of office a couple weeks ago and have not been able to find a way to turn the status off. I've tried for about 4 days now. Please help.
I found a fix that might be useful for OP. See steps:
1 - Open MS Outlook logged in the same account which is being used in Microsoft Teams;
2 - Turn off automatic replies in outlook, this can be achieved by clicking button available on top of outlook User Interface.
(Used Microsoft Outlook and Teams on MacOS)
3 - Check MS Teams status bar/ Or try reset status;
My solution for this problem was not related to any invite but rather because I had enabled automatic replies on Outlook. Apparently, it is not possible to have Outlook automatic responses turned-on while having a status which is other than 'Out Of Office'.
I followed the instructions to reset my status to available full green circle and my Teams is still stuck on the green ring with white which means it thinks I'm away from my desktop and I'm not. Please let me know what else I can do to fix the issue.
This is the solution right here. If you're logged in to Office 365 and you're in Outlook, click the little gear icon on the top right to get into settings. Go down to automatic replies and turn them off.
There is some sort of bug, because you can set an OOO status and message in Teams, but you can to turn it off in Outlook. If you turn it off in Teams it doesn't work.
Hello Everyone,
Thank you all for your suggestions, but unfortunately, none of them seemed to resolve the issue. Here's what I tried: I was using the latest versions of Outlook and Teams, and I made sure that all my automatic replies were turned off. When I switched to an older version of Teams, the Out of Office change wasn't accepted . However, when I accessed an older version of Outlook , I changed the automatic replies (which were already off) on and then off again. Surprisingly, this action cleared my Out of Office status on Teams.
Best regards,
I hope you find this helpful
Regards,
Aldan