Why won't my Teams "Out of Office" status turn off?

Anonymous
2023-06-05T23:55:57+00:00

I set my out of office a couple weeks ago and have not been able to find a way to turn the status off. I've tried for about 4 days now. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Online status

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-26T15:34:19+00:00

    I set my out of office a couple weeks ago and have not been able to find a way to turn the status off. I've tried for about 4 days now. Please help.

    I found a fix that might be useful for OP. See steps:

    1 - Open MS Outlook logged in the same account which is being used in Microsoft Teams;

    2 - Turn off automatic replies in outlook, this can be achieved by clicking button available on top of outlook User Interface.

    (Used Microsoft Outlook and Teams on MacOS)

    3 - Check MS Teams status bar/ Or try reset status;

    My solution for this problem was not related to any invite but rather because I had enabled automatic replies on Outlook. Apparently, it is not possible to have Outlook automatic responses turned-on while having a status which is other than 'Out Of Office'.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-14T22:12:21+00:00

    Agree - am so not deleting my invites etc in the hope to fix this issue, how crazy . MS please fix

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-28T02:52:16+00:00

    There is no way on this big, green/brown earth I'm going through all of that to fix Microsoft's bug. How about let's expect that from MS???

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-27T15:49:03+00:00

    I found someone else's invite for OOO which I had accepted and it got added to my calendar. DELETING that invite from my calendar made me AVAILABLE again. :)

    The suggestion helped.. @Indhurani

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-06T04:19:26+00:00

    Sorry to know that:)

    You can follow the below article to turn off it:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sche...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments