Why won't my Teams "Out of Office" status turn off?

Anonymous
2023-06-05T23:55:57+00:00

I set my out of office a couple weeks ago and have not been able to find a way to turn the status off. I've tried for about 4 days now. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Online status

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-26T12:34:38+00:00

    thanks the 2nd option worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-18T06:10:33+00:00

    This worked for me !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-06T10:32:38+00:00

    Hello Everyone,

    Thank you all for your suggestions, but unfortunately, none of them seemed to resolve the issue. Here's what I tried: I was using the latest versions of Outlook and Teams, and I made sure that all my automatic replies were turned off. When I switched to an older version of Teams, the Out of Office change wasn't accepted . However, when I accessed an older version of Outlook , I changed the automatic replies (which were already off) on and then off again. Surprisingly, this action cleared my Out of Office status on Teams.

    Best regards,
    I hope you find this helpful

    Regards,
    Aldan

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-27T16:50:39+00:00

    This is the solution right here. If you're logged in to Office 365 and you're in Outlook, click the little gear icon on the top right to get into settings. Go down to automatic replies and turn them off.

    There is some sort of bug, because you can set an OOO status and message in Teams, but you can to turn it off in Outlook. If you turn it off in Teams it doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-19T21:35:52+00:00

    I followed the instructions to reset my status to available full green circle and my Teams is still stuck on the green ring with white which means it thinks I'm away from my desktop and I'm not. Please let me know what else I can do to fix the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments