Why won't my Teams "Out of Office" status turn off?

Anonymous
2023-06-05T23:55:57+00:00

I set my out of office a couple weeks ago and have not been able to find a way to turn the status off. I've tried for about 4 days now. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Online status

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T15:44:35+00:00

    After none of the above worked for me, I was able to go into Teams, click on the top right where you would normally change status, go to duration and selected reset status after 30 min and set to 'Available'. My status immediately updated to the full green available. Hopefully it does not revert back to 'available-out of office' in 30 min....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-02T07:37:10+00:00

    This solution resolved my issue. thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-13T12:48:38+00:00

    thank you so much!!! this worked for me perfectly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-27T14:19:46+00:00

    I had a problem that couldn’t be resolved with any of these suggestions but I got something that works so I thought I would put it out there. I had set an out of office for this morning, but changed my mind and changed it back to available and took it off both calendars, Teams and Outlook. however, the meeting has supposedly already started, and so it was already thinking I was out of office when I wasn’t. I tried resetting my status, I tried making sure any evidence of the out of office

    was deleted, and no one was invited. Nothing was changing it, and even if I

    tried the various suggestions here, it would show that I’m available, but out of office still, so it was a green circle that was black in the middle. I finally had to restart my entire computer, restart Outlook and Teams, and it still had me as out of office but available, so the hollow green circle, for a few minutes before going back to purple. I had to actually create an invite to myself, which was set as free, and that worked. I joined the “free” meeting, and then left it, and changed my status manually, and it worked! But, in case someone else is having a severe problem like that, that’s what worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-27T07:00:49+00:00

    In my case , I followed 2nd option and it fixed the issue.Thanks for the support and assistance @indhurani

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments