Why won't my Teams "Out of Office" status turn off?

Anonymous
2023-06-05T23:55:57+00:00

I set my out of office a couple weeks ago and have not been able to find a way to turn the status off. I've tried for about 4 days now. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Online status

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-12T14:19:45+00:00

    @Indhu_Rani your article was helpful.

    In my case I turned on the option to block my calendar when I was setting up the auto reply. I then returned to work a day earlier than planned. Even though I turned off the automatic reply, MS Teams appended "Out of Office" - using MS Teams calendar, I deleted the blocker that was created when I blocked my calendar, and the issue was resolved.

    Best regards,

    Sikhumbuzo

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T08:14:51+00:00

    I had a problem that couldn’t be resolved with any of these suggestions but I got something that works so I thought I would put it out there. I had set an out of office for this morning, but changed my mind and changed it back to available and took it off both calendars, Teams and Outlook. however, the meeting has supposedly already started, and so it was already thinking I was out of office when I wasn’t. I tried resetting my status, I tried making sure any evidence of the out of office

    was deleted, and no one was invited. Nothing was changing it, and even if I

    tried the various suggestions here, it would show that I’m available, but out of office still, so it was a green circle that was black in the middle. I finally had to restart my entire computer, restart Outlook and Teams, and it still had me as out of office but available, so the hollow green circle, for a few minutes before going back to purple. I had to actually create an invite to myself, which was set as free, and that worked. I joined the “free” meeting, and then left it, and changed my status manually, and it worked! But, in case someone else is having a severe problem like that, that’s what worked for me

    Thanks Julie! This worked for me. I created a Teams meeting in Outlook, set it as "free", joined the meeting alone and this fixed it. None of the suggestions above or in other MS forum threads helped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T06:03:27+00:00

    This has been troubling me frequently.

    The second solution worked for me.

    Thanks a lot!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-30T06:53:37+00:00

    This helped me a lot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-30T04:40:45+00:00

    2nd option really worked and resolved the issue.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments