Why won't my Teams "Out of Office" status turn off?

Anonymous
2023-06-05T23:55:57+00:00

I set my out of office a couple weeks ago and have not been able to find a way to turn the status off. I've tried for about 4 days now. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Online status

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T06:53:12+00:00

    "During your Out Of Office period, if you received a meeting invite that fell on those dates, but also extended beyond them to dates when you’d be back in the office, they will all be marked as Out of Office. You will have to remove these invites to get rid of the Out of Office status in Microsoft Teams."

    This is SO STUPID.

    Why would it be this way?

    What a terrible software Teams is, and terrible company Microsoft is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-08T13:12:13+00:00

    My automatic replies are off. I've reset my Teams status. I've closed my Outlook and re-opened. I even created a new calendar event to show me as "busy" this morning. Nothing has changed - it still shows me as out of office. This happens every single time I have automatic replies on and it's really incredibly frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-03T15:17:49+00:00

    Thank you Julie - this is a great last resort, and really shows how much Microsoft users have to "think past" bumbling Microsoft integration. Quite ridiculous, so thank you for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-26T02:44:52+00:00

    What a terrible bug it is, my boss set OOO, we all accepted, the whole company is off!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-28T16:06:59+00:00

    This happened to me where I was out of office last Friday and when I came back I turned off OOO in Outlook but my team mate noticed my status showed OOO in Teams. It should've updated on its own but did not and was stuck in BOTH Available, Out Of Office for my Teams status. I reset status, I rebooted Teams, I clicked on OOO in Outlook and off again and nada. So last resort, I went to my account in outlook.office365.com in the browser and turned on OOO and then turned off OOO again went back to check my Teams status now was showing just "Available". Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments