Why won't my Teams "Out of Office" status turn off?

Anonymous
2023-06-05T23:55:57+00:00

I set my out of office a couple weeks ago and have not been able to find a way to turn the status off. I've tried for about 4 days now. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Online status

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T08:14:51+00:00

    I had a problem that couldn’t be resolved with any of these suggestions but I got something that works so I thought I would put it out there. I had set an out of office for this morning, but changed my mind and changed it back to available and took it off both calendars, Teams and Outlook. however, the meeting has supposedly already started, and so it was already thinking I was out of office when I wasn’t. I tried resetting my status, I tried making sure any evidence of the out of office

    was deleted, and no one was invited. Nothing was changing it, and even if I

    tried the various suggestions here, it would show that I’m available, but out of office still, so it was a green circle that was black in the middle. I finally had to restart my entire computer, restart Outlook and Teams, and it still had me as out of office but available, so the hollow green circle, for a few minutes before going back to purple. I had to actually create an invite to myself, which was set as free, and that worked. I joined the “free” meeting, and then left it, and changed my status manually, and it worked! But, in case someone else is having a severe problem like that, that’s what worked for me

    Thanks Julie! This worked for me. I created a Teams meeting in Outlook, set it as "free", joined the meeting alone and this fixed it. None of the suggestions above or in other MS forum threads helped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T11:17:18+00:00

    I set out of office yesterday while on vacation. I set it in Outlook and set it to expire at the end of the day. I set it on Teams but don't recall any option to have it expire at the end of the day, so maybe I did or maybe I didn't.

    I have zero items on my calendar for today. I typically do not use the calendar.

    Teams shows me as Out of Office but the Out of Office settings window shows me not having it on. I've tried turning it on so I can turn it off again. I also get the error "Something went wrong." You don't say.

    I tried using https://teams.microsoft.com to go straight to the source to no avail.

    I restarted Outlook and Teams. I danced in a left-turn circle three times, I danced in a right-turn circle twice. At this point it appears that, as an IT guy responsible for hundreds of users I just have to tell my boss that yes, I look like I'm out of office today, but I'm really not, and no I don't believe there's any way to fix it.

    Any word from anyone at Microsoft on when you're going to stop making good, capable people look incompetent?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-26T12:34:38+00:00

    thanks the 2nd option worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-18T06:10:33+00:00

    This worked for me !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-19T21:35:52+00:00

    I followed the instructions to reset my status to available full green circle and my Teams is still stuck on the green ring with white which means it thinks I'm away from my desktop and I'm not. Please let me know what else I can do to fix the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments