Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
I have a ASUS Republic of Gamers PC with the same issues.. I new teams comes up and crashes.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello I'am an IT coordinator at my job, and for severals days I have the new teams that keeps on crashing on some computers ( fairly new dell computer not some old ones). I've already reset and repair teams, those two action did not solve my issu, as soon as i open teams again it crashes, I disconnect the users and unistall teams completly from the computers than reboot and reinstalla a fresh newly downloaded version and i still have the crashing issue.
The only thing that seems to work is to use the online version of the app, I launch Edge and go to teams.microsoft.com and I can use teams.
But for me it's not an absolute solution, what more can I do to make the desktop app work without crashing ?
Thanks for you help
Rachelle
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have a ASUS Republic of Gamers PC with the same issues.. I new teams comes up and crashes.
I am also running the Pylon 5.0 and was seeing this problem.
I uninstalled and then reinstalled with the Custom options and turned off the "DirectShow Support" and the "TWAIN Driver" which we don't use and now the new Teams works and our application which uses the Pylon driver still works.
What is pylon ? Maybe Python ?
The New Teams crashing, hanging, ...
Our support team reinstalled clearing all cache and other data - no help.
Support team blames "bitglass".
My observation - restarting the PC makes teams work for a day or two, exceptionally inconvenient solution for me but buys few days of non-crashing/hanging.
Dear Microsoft developers and decision makers,
please make sure Microsoft apps check the version of Microsoft OS and if incompatible issue a warning or an error that cannot be missed, it should be fairly easy to implement.
In addition if a plugin hangs or crashes the app's watchdog registers that the crash is in ... plugin so Microsoft can take care of it damaging the Microsoft's reputation of a company developing the best quality software there is using the "safe"-est languages recommended by the authorities, at the end when Teams/Excel/Word/Visual Studio/... crashes it is Microsoft's fault in my mind.
I am having the same problem, stand-alone new laptop Win 11, I did all the cache deletes, Teams reinstall and even Win11 reinstall with clean harddisk but no luck. New Teams crashes on start-up o when PC is idle (BSOD Clock watchdog timeout code). Running Teams from Chrome does not have issues but not the same functionality. You mention there is an open incident. Any link to that?