the new teams keeps on crashing

Anonymous
2024-02-28T09:06:26+00:00

Hello I'am an IT coordinator at my job, and for severals days I have the new teams that keeps on crashing on some computers ( fairly new dell computer not some old ones). I've already reset and repair teams, those two action did not solve my issu, as soon as i open teams again it crashes, I disconnect the users and unistall teams completly from the computers than reboot and reinstalla a fresh newly downloaded version and i still have the crashing issue.

The only thing that seems to work is to use the online version of the app, I launch Edge and go to teams.microsoft.com and I can use teams.

But for me it's not an absolute solution, what more can I do to make the desktop app work without crashing ?

Thanks for you help

Rachelle

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T15:06:06+00:00

    Hi Bryarah,

    There is a Teams web version that you can use once you sign into your Office 365 account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T03:22:33+00:00

    Is there another way to use Teams or suggest another app meeting can be organised?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T03:18:54+00:00

    Agreed I have exactly the same issue. I ahve a new DELL computer 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13400 2.50 GHz. Work or School TEAMS is NOT working and continues to crash. Totally frustrating and a BAD look for myself and students. FIX ASAP please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-05T19:43:32+00:00

    I confirm that the new Teams Windows app "(work or school)" edition crashes consistently after 11 or 12 seconds of running. I have heard complains from other people too, so it is not just my laptop. I am running Windows 10.
    Current workaround is to use Edge.
    I wonder whether Microsoft admits the problem and when to expect the fix. It should be easy to fix since the issue is 100% reproducible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T16:21:47+00:00

    I'm part of the IT team and I did download the right version, but I keep getting these annoying crashes whenever I launch teams it's really bad, ever since microsoft made that stupid new version. The only working way seems to be via Edge with the link teams.microsoft.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments