the new teams keeps on crashing

Anonymous
2024-02-28T09:06:26+00:00

Hello I'am an IT coordinator at my job, and for severals days I have the new teams that keeps on crashing on some computers ( fairly new dell computer not some old ones). I've already reset and repair teams, those two action did not solve my issu, as soon as i open teams again it crashes, I disconnect the users and unistall teams completly from the computers than reboot and reinstalla a fresh newly downloaded version and i still have the crashing issue.

The only thing that seems to work is to use the online version of the app, I launch Edge and go to teams.microsoft.com and I can use teams.

But for me it's not an absolute solution, what more can I do to make the desktop app work without crashing ?

Thanks for you help

Rachelle

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T22:39:54+00:00

    I am on an I.T. team as well. it's been happening to my own laptop. I uninstalled it and deleted appdata and local data and reinstalled it 64 bit. no issues so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T18:31:34+00:00

    Similar issue when i use teams from home PV vs Work PC.

    Teams is fine until i start to screen share, then it will crash and close the app.

    Also, yesterday an issue started where i cant see shared content unless i use the Pop Out window.

    Edit: Fresh install of windows 11 on new hard drive, fresh down load of teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T15:56:04+00:00

    Thank for your input, but i've already done that but it doesn't work either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T15:55:32+00:00

    That's what I've been doing for the pass few days since I had this issue. And reverting back to the old teams seems to do the trick too

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T15:41:54+00:00

    Hello,

    Another thing to try would be to scan your disk for errors using system file checker in the command line.

    type in sfc /scannow

    Afterwards restart the PC and try again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments