the new teams keeps on crashing

Anonymous
2024-02-28T09:06:26+00:00

Hello I'am an IT coordinator at my job, and for severals days I have the new teams that keeps on crashing on some computers ( fairly new dell computer not some old ones). I've already reset and repair teams, those two action did not solve my issu, as soon as i open teams again it crashes, I disconnect the users and unistall teams completly from the computers than reboot and reinstalla a fresh newly downloaded version and i still have the crashing issue.

The only thing that seems to work is to use the online version of the app, I launch Edge and go to teams.microsoft.com and I can use teams.

But for me it's not an absolute solution, what more can I do to make the desktop app work without crashing ?

Thanks for you help

Rachelle

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-09T01:17:18+00:00

    I am uncertain how M(b)S measures effectiveness anymore.

    I work in a hosted implementation. Oooh pretty. MS hosed outlook. OK... I could care less, they killed off MS admins several years ago.

    Teams is ok for meetings. Teams with Files. I will give a 2 percent. Do I have metrics? No. It will work "sometimes". Can I quantify sometimes. No. It sometimes stays open and allowing me to stay in teams. The "REST" of the time, I get kicked out, with lost documents. I have had people report me for "being unavailable in meetings.". I thought I was in the meetings, I opened a document, and "Poof" MS magic, I am gone.

    Teams...

    Meetings work.

    Shared documents. "To me a 100% fail." If you love it, please demand they make it work for about at least 5%." I am not the only one. But I do not think most people actually scratch to 10% surface.

    Give me back a desktop that I keep backups.

    I keep copies.

    Archives.

    I am responsible. Because cushy warm feelings, havent come over for me. MS is about billing, they get that, they fail on service.

    I want cloud to be viable. MS demonstrates 1(5)%. Where does the decimal belong. I am not in a rating business. My docs are lost, I am kicked from meetings. Am I wrong to say 1.5%. I am giving a benefit of the doubt. Availability for meetings 100%. Availability with document access 0.5%. This is **** service.. So why don't I believe in cloud.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-09T01:17:06+00:00

    I am uncertain how M(b)S measures effectiveness anymore.

    I work in a hosted implementation. Oooh pretty. MS hosed outlook. OK... I could care less, they killed off MS admins several years ago.

    Teams is ok for meetings. Teams with Files. I will give a 2 percent. Do I have metrics? No. It will work "sometimes". Can I quantify sometimes. No. It sometimes stays open and allowing me to stay in teams. The "REST" of the time, I get kicked out, with lost documents. I have had people report me for "being unavailable in meetings.". I thought I was in the meetings, I opened a document, and "Poof" MS magic, I am gone.

    Teams...

    Meetings work.

    Shared documents. "To me a 100% fail." If you love it, please demand they make it work for about at least 5%." I am not the only one. But I do not think most people actually scratch to 10% surface.

    Give me back a desktop that I keep backups.

    I keep copies.

    Archives.

    I am responsible. Because cushy warm feelings, havent come over for me. MS is about billing, they get that, they fail on service.

    I want cloud to be viable. MS demonstrates 1(5)%. Where does the decimal belong. I am not in a rating business. My docs are lost, I am kicked from meetings. Am I wrong to say 1.5%. I am giving a benefit of the doubt. Availability for meetings 100%. Availability with document access 0.5%. This is **** service.. So why don't I believe in cloud.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-08T16:32:29+00:00

    At this point I have talked to many people in our organization.
    Looks like only 25% or 30% are having this problem.
    The problem is: new Teams is consistently crashing after 10 to 11 seconds. 100% reproducible.
    Cleaning cache, reinstalling Teams, installing recent Windows updates, rebooting PC, etc, does not help.
    Current workaround is to use teams.microsoft.com in Edge.

    Looks like Microsoft is not able to make the new desktop application to work reliably? Perhaps, it is time for Microsoft to be honest to customers and retire the application and tell customers to use the web site instead, or roll back to the old, stable version? Because "Install Teams desktop application and see whether it will crash" is not an industrial-grade work instruction.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-08T14:17:37+00:00

    We are having the same issue on both Macs and PC's. Uninstalled new version. Cleared caches. Our default Teams Update policy was to run new version. Classic works fine, but when Microsoft controlled update kicks in, Classic on Mac stops having access to audio devices. New Teams simply shows a "connecting to meeting screen" with no access to any controls even though the user might be able to be seen and heard. Setting Teams Update policy to "Default to Classic" doesn't help. It appears it is the mere updating of new Teams that causes the issues. We also tried uninstalling Classic, clear all caches and installing only the new version, and that has same behavior. Some, but not all, PC users experiencing similar glitches. Only thing that fixed it for us was to change the Teams Update policy in the Admin center to Not Enabled, remove new version, and revert to classic.

    Figure it out Microsoft. This new version is REALLY buggy. At the very least, you should revert the global default policy on teams installations away from "Microsoft controlled."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-08T08:32:55+00:00

    Hi thanks for your input, I did uninstall teams and delete the appdata teams cache but I did not delete the one on localdata.

    I'll try this and see if it improve anything.

    Today I saw on my comptuer which has ot yet has this issue that there's a teams update, maybe it will fix the problem on the impacted computers ( so far 5) , I'm hopefull that it will

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments