the new teams keeps on crashing

Anonymous
2024-02-28T09:06:26+00:00

Hello I'am an IT coordinator at my job, and for severals days I have the new teams that keeps on crashing on some computers ( fairly new dell computer not some old ones). I've already reset and repair teams, those two action did not solve my issu, as soon as i open teams again it crashes, I disconnect the users and unistall teams completly from the computers than reboot and reinstalla a fresh newly downloaded version and i still have the crashing issue.

The only thing that seems to work is to use the online version of the app, I launch Edge and go to teams.microsoft.com and I can use teams.

But for me it's not an absolute solution, what more can I do to make the desktop app work without crashing ?

Thanks for you help

Rachelle

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-30T13:25:30+00:00

    This worked for me, after trying everything under the sun. Microsoft lists this under the Office 365 Advisory section for teams:

    User impact

    Users can’t access the new Microsoft Teams desktop client after installing a specific system driver.

    DescriptionImpact is limited to a small subset of users who have installed Pleora eBus SDK on their Windows device. While we work to resolve this issue, affected users can bypass impact by uninstalling the affected driver using the following steps: 1. Open the command prompt with administrator privileges. 2. Run the following commands:

    • cd CProgram Files\Common Files\Pleora\eBUS SDK regsvr32 /u PvDSSource64.ax
    • cd C Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Pleora\eBUS SDK regsvr32 /u PvDSSource.ax

    Scope of impact Any user attempting to access the Microsoft Teams desktop client after installing Pleora eBus SDK on their Windows device may be impacted.

    Root causeA code issue within the new Microsoft Teams desktop client code base is preventing the client from starting after the affected driver is installed, leading to impact.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-15T09:50:43+00:00

    That's what I've been doing. But it is a hassle to go back to the old teams because of the pop-ups for the new MS teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T12:58:36+00:00

    I have not found a solution either... Teams is still crashing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T19:49:41+00:00

    I am having the same problem, stand-alone new laptop Win 11, I did all the cache deletes, Teams reinstall and even Win11 reinstall with clean harddisk but no luck. New Teams crashes on start-up o when PC is idle (BSOD Clock watchdog timeout code). Running Teams from Chrome does not have issues but not the same functionality. You mention there is an open incident. Any link to that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-04T20:11:44+00:00

    The New Teams crashing, hanging, ...

    Our support team reinstalled clearing all cache and other data - no help.

    Support team blames "bitglass".

    My observation - restarting the PC makes teams work for a day or two, exceptionally inconvenient solution for me but buys few days of non-crashing/hanging.

    Dear Microsoft developers and decision makers,

    please make sure Microsoft apps check the version of Microsoft OS and if incompatible issue a warning or an error that cannot be missed, it should be fairly easy to implement.

    In addition if a plugin hangs or crashes the app's watchdog registers that the crash is in ... plugin so Microsoft can take care of it damaging the Microsoft's reputation of a company developing the best quality software there is using the "safe"-est languages recommended by the authorities, at the end when Teams/Excel/Word/Visual Studio/... crashes it is Microsoft's fault in my mind.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments