Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Yes, just today, we had a brand new user log in, to the user's computer with new Teams crashing instantly and the issue persists.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello I'am an IT coordinator at my job, and for severals days I have the new teams that keeps on crashing on some computers ( fairly new dell computer not some old ones). I've already reset and repair teams, those two action did not solve my issu, as soon as i open teams again it crashes, I disconnect the users and unistall teams completly from the computers than reboot and reinstalla a fresh newly downloaded version and i still have the crashing issue.
The only thing that seems to work is to use the online version of the app, I launch Edge and go to teams.microsoft.com and I can use teams.
But for me it's not an absolute solution, what more can I do to make the desktop app work without crashing ?
Thanks for you help
Rachelle
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes, just today, we had a brand new user log in, to the user's computer with new Teams crashing instantly and the issue persists.
New Teams shuts down/crashes when leaving a meeting. Restart thinks it's brand shiny new and has never before run on the computer. While disappointing behavior, this is not unexpected garbage from MS. All these machinations to get it cleaned up or reinstalled should not be forced upon the user. MS needs to fix their products and any uninstall/reinstall or "/cleanup" startup should fix the issues. Period. Ridiculous.
Has anyone tried a new user profile with this problem please to see if the problem still carry's over?
I've tried clearing cache, but still no good :( - and my user's too busy for me to try the new profile today.
I've just set up 4 brand-new Lenovo laptops this week for one of our clients, these devices have MS apps installed, AV and Adobe Reader and I've now got 1 user who is facing this issue.
For now, I've reverted them to classic teams and will raise this issue with MS support, however, I don't expect much from them.
It's a simple problem to describe, 'new teams' starts up and crashes'...
Environment: Windows 11