the new teams keeps on crashing

Anonymous
2024-02-28T09:06:26+00:00

Hello I'am an IT coordinator at my job, and for severals days I have the new teams that keeps on crashing on some computers ( fairly new dell computer not some old ones). I've already reset and repair teams, those two action did not solve my issu, as soon as i open teams again it crashes, I disconnect the users and unistall teams completly from the computers than reboot and reinstalla a fresh newly downloaded version and i still have the crashing issue.

The only thing that seems to work is to use the online version of the app, I launch Edge and go to teams.microsoft.com and I can use teams.

But for me it's not an absolute solution, what more can I do to make the desktop app work without crashing ?

Thanks for you help

Rachelle

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T15:41:54+00:00

    Hello,

    Another thing to try would be to scan your disk for errors using system file checker in the command line.

    type in sfc /scannow

    Afterwards restart the PC and try again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T15:06:06+00:00

    Hi Bryarah,

    There is a Teams web version that you can use once you sign into your Office 365 account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T03:22:33+00:00

    Is there another way to use Teams or suggest another app meeting can be organised?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T15:41:48+00:00

    Hi Rachelle, We recommend you to download the right application or version for your device or laptop like for 64 or 32 bit Operating System. In some cases ask your IT admin to enable or include the policy to use new teams.

    Best Regards, thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T15:08:57+00:00

    I did clear the temas cache ( forgot to mentin it in my post)

    There are no upcoming updates, and the computer a Dell optiplex micro 5000 is up to date with windows 11 22h2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments