the new teams keeps on crashing

Anonymous
2024-02-28T09:06:26+00:00

Hello I'am an IT coordinator at my job, and for severals days I have the new teams that keeps on crashing on some computers ( fairly new dell computer not some old ones). I've already reset and repair teams, those two action did not solve my issu, as soon as i open teams again it crashes, I disconnect the users and unistall teams completly from the computers than reboot and reinstalla a fresh newly downloaded version and i still have the crashing issue.

The only thing that seems to work is to use the online version of the app, I launch Edge and go to teams.microsoft.com and I can use teams.

But for me it's not an absolute solution, what more can I do to make the desktop app work without crashing ?

Thanks for you help

Rachelle

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-27T20:07:03+00:00

    Try uninstalling Pylon Viewer 5. It's an outdated version of the Basler Camera software. The Basler_Pylon 7.2.1 suite might also be a cause of this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-22T18:03:19+00:00

    I'm being forced into (New) Teams in a few weeks and it just does not work on my computer. Deleted appdata, local & roaming. Reinstalled, nothing works. Soon I will not be able to use teams classic which works fine. I don't know who is forcing new teams on us, microsoft or IT at my company. All I know is that I won't be able to use teams when the rollout happens. Event viewer shoes an unhandled exception.

    Faulting application name: ms-teams.exe, version: 24033.811.2738.2546, time stamp: 0x65e61ed1

    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3758, time stamp: 0xd80f8f12

    Exception code: 0xc06d007e

    Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19

    Faulting process id: 0x1720

    Faulting application start time: 0x01da7c81e727c957

    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MSTeams_24033.811.2738.2546_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ms-teams.exe

    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

    Report Id: 38fb74b4-e44c-457b-9ef5-a7d1de643c52

    Faulting package full name: MSTeams_24033.811.2738.2546_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    Faulting package-relative application ID: MSTeams

    I have no control over windows updates, so that is not an option.

    I do have elevated privileges, so I do have more freedom than most in my position.

    Does anyone have good feedback to provide a fix for this issue?

    What's even more infuriating is that there's a message on Teams Classic boot that is not dismissable. It asks "The new teams is installed and ready to use, you can switch now or later". The only 2 buttons available are Switch now or Switch when I'm not using Teams. So every time I come back to my computer, teams doesn't work because it auto switches. There's no way to dismiss the message. Thoroughly enjoying my time with Microsoft products.

    EDIT: OK so I solved my problem with the help of this thread. I develop software using Basler cameras so I have a ton of random camera related dlls registered into the system.

    This post solved my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/new-teams-crashes-on-startup/56b30739-30ac-429d-95c3-a45623c5bf20

    Faulting .ax file:
    regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\basler\pylon 5\runtime\x64\BaslerGenICamSource_v5_0.ax"

    As a sidebar, Teamviewer has the same issues. These stupid 'meeting' software packages try to grab up and use all cameras they have access to on the system without building anything safe around it. So if you have or develop using these cameras, they cause issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-26T09:01:10+00:00

    Revert back to Teams classic and not the new one. I have the same issue and have reverted back to the classic version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-18T15:35:56+00:00

    I don't think that is the issue in this case, as going through the steps to ensure that no New Teams application components get installed and forcing Classic to be the default, solves the issue, and has for several weeks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T14:42:01+00:00

    Hello,

    One thing I could think of is to check the Windows version and make sure it is updated to the latest. Also check to see if there are any proprietary updates to the computer. Also clear out the Teams cache folder, something might be left behind that is causing the crashes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments