Mac Authentication Error Starting 8/7/2024

Anonymous
2024-08-12T19:22:40+00:00

UPDATE: I was forced to clear my OS and start over. Recovering from Time Machine brought over too many support files even when being picky. I have re-installed Teams from an old installer in a previous Time Machine entry and I am able to log in. This may not last though. This was obviously extreme and I hope you all do not have to do the same.

Teams for Mac recently updated and totally broke the functionality of Teams. I do not have connectivity to my work account at all. I had deleted all Teams file on 8/8 and reinstalled the Teams Classic which worked well. I came back to my computer later that afternoon and the new Teams had reinstalled itself. I went out of office until today and I have a repear error of "We couldn't authenticate you. This could be due to a device or network problem, or Teams could be experiencing a technical issue."

This is a Teams technical issue due to the repetitive error and my ability to sign in via iOS and web with the same credtentials on the same network, and in once case, the same machine.

Teams version 24193.1708.3043.1759

Client version 50/24071128823

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams for Mac

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T19:53:34+00:00

    It sort of feels like Microsoft is not even paying attention to this issue. There was only one time above that someone from Microsoft chimed in. Even then they did not provide any solutions. Would be nice for them to even say "we know of this issue and are working on a solution".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T20:09:26+00:00

    I didnt face the issue since I logged out and logged in a week before. Hope I don't face this issue again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-09T11:17:47+00:00

    I started seeing this issue sometime in July of this year. I have seen on quite a few MAC users with this error and tried all the suggestions that was offered by Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-09T19:13:18+00:00

    Same issue - happening for 2 months now. Have other business account on same Teams app and it doesn't have an issue - one stays logged in with no auth issues, 1 has auth issues every couple hours. Only way to resolved I have found is to log out and then log back in 4 times a day to both business accounts. Definitely inefficient and causing lots of headaches and costing $$$.

    Microsoft - we are all paying customers - please prioritize this and provide a resolution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-17T16:01:26+00:00

    Same issue here for Teams at my MacBook Pro (Sonoma 14.6.1) !!!

    >>>>
    We couldn't authenticate you. This could be due to a device or network problem, or Teams could be experiencing a technical issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments