Mac Authentication Error Starting 8/7/2024

Anonymous
2024-08-12T19:22:40+00:00

UPDATE: I was forced to clear my OS and start over. Recovering from Time Machine brought over too many support files even when being picky. I have re-installed Teams from an old installer in a previous Time Machine entry and I am able to log in. This may not last though. This was obviously extreme and I hope you all do not have to do the same.

Teams for Mac recently updated and totally broke the functionality of Teams. I do not have connectivity to my work account at all. I had deleted all Teams file on 8/8 and reinstalled the Teams Classic which worked well. I came back to my computer later that afternoon and the new Teams had reinstalled itself. I went out of office until today and I have a repear error of "We couldn't authenticate you. This could be due to a device or network problem, or Teams could be experiencing a technical issue."

This is a Teams technical issue due to the repetitive error and my ability to sign in via iOS and web with the same credtentials on the same network, and in once case, the same machine.

Teams version 24193.1708.3043.1759

Client version 50/24071128823

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams for Mac

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T02:01:06+00:00

    Same here. It was working fine and just did it AGAIN with the 'can't authenticate' error, it closed onedrive with no notification, which I now cannot get to load properly ... this is super fun, Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T02:27:27+00:00

    Did you ever try to logout of Teams? I was able to get past this loop (at least I think) by logging out of Teams completely and then re-logging back in. That somehow instantly fixed OneDrive and it has worked all day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T19:51:53+00:00

    So, I have been having this issue since July as well. Have been on with Microsoft and they tell me the same steps... clear the cache... delete the application.... reset your password... nothing helps. It bothers me that the first guy took it private. This is a wide spread issue and the fix should be made public.

    Mine goes like this. All of a sudden Teams says that it cannot authorize me (sometimes this warning follows one stating that Teams is trying to load an update)... then it progresses where you cant sent images in chats, then you cant see the status of others, then you are out. At this same time, my OneDrive logs out and will not log back in.

    This is a huge headache and is costing me $$$.

    Come on Microsoft, just post the fix to the main group.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T19:52:29+00:00

    What did they say to do to fix it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T20:12:48+00:00

    For the record, the private message had all of the basic troubleshooting and they never responded when I said none of it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments