Mac Authentication Error Starting 8/7/2024

Anonymous
2024-08-12T19:22:40+00:00

UPDATE: I was forced to clear my OS and start over. Recovering from Time Machine brought over too many support files even when being picky. I have re-installed Teams from an old installer in a previous Time Machine entry and I am able to log in. This may not last though. This was obviously extreme and I hope you all do not have to do the same.

Teams for Mac recently updated and totally broke the functionality of Teams. I do not have connectivity to my work account at all. I had deleted all Teams file on 8/8 and reinstalled the Teams Classic which worked well. I came back to my computer later that afternoon and the new Teams had reinstalled itself. I went out of office until today and I have a repear error of "We couldn't authenticate you. This could be due to a device or network problem, or Teams could be experiencing a technical issue."

This is a Teams technical issue due to the repetitive error and my ability to sign in via iOS and web with the same credtentials on the same network, and in once case, the same machine.

Teams version 24193.1708.3043.1759

Client version 50/24071128823

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams for Mac

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T15:25:59+00:00

    My system is still working properly for two days without fail after logging out of Teams and back in - I did reinstall Teams, but never cleared cache. I never uninstalled OneDrive, both have worked fine, I think OneDrive crashed once, but it opened back up normal.

    If you haven't logged out of Teams, I'd recommend trying that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T21:08:12+00:00

    Today (8/19) I tried signing completely out of Teams and back in. I tried this in the past and it didn't work, however so far today it's been working fine all day. It also solved the OneDrive authentication issue. Not sure whether this will last, but it's been going fine for 8 hours now. Maybe Microsoft tweaked something on their side.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T20:14:32+00:00

    Clear cache and reinstall. Nothing that wasn’t brought up by the rest of this thread. They have been no help at all. I’m furious with them and using an emulator on Parallels now. I’m paying money to use their free, poorly supported application.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T19:52:29+00:00

    What did they say to do to fix it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T19:51:53+00:00

    So, I have been having this issue since July as well. Have been on with Microsoft and they tell me the same steps... clear the cache... delete the application.... reset your password... nothing helps. It bothers me that the first guy took it private. This is a wide spread issue and the fix should be made public.

    Mine goes like this. All of a sudden Teams says that it cannot authorize me (sometimes this warning follows one stating that Teams is trying to load an update)... then it progresses where you cant sent images in chats, then you cant see the status of others, then you are out. At this same time, my OneDrive logs out and will not log back in.

    This is a huge headache and is costing me $$$.

    Come on Microsoft, just post the fix to the main group.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments