Teams add-in for Elgato Stream Deck not working properly

Anonymous
2023-04-09T10:39:35+00:00

I have a problem with Teams (365 Enterprise A5 license, Teams version 1.6.00.9379, latest update available). After starting up, the buttons on my Stream Deck + (software 6.1.0.18521, firmware 2.0.3.2) are the same Teams logo with a small red lock on them (but with the custom text tag which I set for each button).

-update-

The procedure below doesn't work anymore. :(

To get the correct icons on the buttons I have to:

-Start a Teams meeting/call, at least one participant has to answer;

  • Stop the meeting after a few seconds;
  • In Teams disable the Third-Party API option;
  • Wait about 10 seconds and enable the Third-Party API option (key stays the same);
  • Start a new Teams meeting/call, at least one participant has to answer;
  • End the meeting/call after 10 seconds or more;
  • Within a few seconds the correct icons show up on the buttons, but greyed;
  • Again, start a Teams meeting/call and the buttons change to colored.

However, when a meeting/call is started and the buttons show the correct icons and change to colored, none of these buttons do anything when pressed. But when using mute or disable camera from within the Teams desktop app, the status on the buttons on the Stream Deck do change instantly according to the status in Teams.

It doesn't matter if Microsoft Teams is started at Windows startup or if you start Microsoft Teams after the Stream Deck software is loaded and active. Tested with both normal and developer/public preview mode.

Note:

I'm not affiliated with neither Microsoft nor Elgato.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for education | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-08T06:09:57+00:00

    Yeah, that's one of the many things that are wrong with the latest versions of Microsoft Teams. Once in Developer Preview mode, you're unable to switch back to the Public mode. When switching off Developer Preview mode, Teams pretends to restart, the option for Developer Preview is gone but after 30 seconds the Developer Mode reappears in the menu and the tick mark is back on.

    Meanwhile the API is very instable, even my own test application suffers from connection/communication failures. Made me sell my Stream Deck+ since it is useless for Microsoft Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-08T04:49:37+00:00

    this is the best response by far. Indeed I switched to early access features as well, who knows.

    Unfortunately I cannot switch back as it seems. Did you try that already?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-07T22:10:29+00:00

    I also have lost functions of the Stream Deck with Teams. Everything was working fine on the "classic" teams app on my windows laptop. Then i enabled public preview of the classic teams app and at some point after that it has stopped working. All i see constantly is the padlock symbol. I have tried generating new keys and putting the keys in to the button. Sometimes if I do things in the riht order - such as kill stream deck from the taskbar, Quit teams from the taskbar, then open stream deck first, then open Teams app after I will see the buttons without the padlock. But when I join a Temas meeting the buttons do nothing. They don't become brighter and they don't work when pressed.
    Also I enabled the new Teams app at some point and I wonder if this might have messed up the intergration as well somehow??

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-05-30T18:25:34+00:00

    Hello,

    I'm experiencing the same issue. Started after I tried the preview of a new Teams version.

    I would appreciate a quick fix because the integration between Teams and Stream Deck is very useful.

    Thanks,

    Lukas

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-23T08:39:56+00:00

    I am having exactly a same issue.

    It was all working fine until i clicked on trying a new preview version and it stopped working.

    • I am moved back to the same version by using a switch available on Team.
    • cleared team's cahce.
    • uninstall/install teams plugin.
    • generate new token.
    • but nothing works.

    i can clearly see that if i do the same action from team's desktop app, such as mute, switch on/off camera and the buttons on stream deck shows me the update. but if i click on button on stream deck, it doesn't talk to Teams.

    I would be happy to know if its fixed for anyone, and how.

    many thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments