Teams add-in for Elgato Stream Deck not working properly

Anonymous
2023-04-09T10:39:35+00:00

I have a problem with Teams (365 Enterprise A5 license, Teams version 1.6.00.9379, latest update available). After starting up, the buttons on my Stream Deck + (software 6.1.0.18521, firmware 2.0.3.2) are the same Teams logo with a small red lock on them (but with the custom text tag which I set for each button).

-update-

The procedure below doesn't work anymore. :(

To get the correct icons on the buttons I have to:

-Start a Teams meeting/call, at least one participant has to answer;

  • Stop the meeting after a few seconds;
  • In Teams disable the Third-Party API option;
  • Wait about 10 seconds and enable the Third-Party API option (key stays the same);
  • Start a new Teams meeting/call, at least one participant has to answer;
  • End the meeting/call after 10 seconds or more;
  • Within a few seconds the correct icons show up on the buttons, but greyed;
  • Again, start a Teams meeting/call and the buttons change to colored.

However, when a meeting/call is started and the buttons show the correct icons and change to colored, none of these buttons do anything when pressed. But when using mute or disable camera from within the Teams desktop app, the status on the buttons on the Stream Deck do change instantly according to the status in Teams.

It doesn't matter if Microsoft Teams is started at Windows startup or if you start Microsoft Teams after the Stream Deck software is loaded and active. Tested with both normal and developer/public preview mode.

Note:

I'm not affiliated with neither Microsoft nor Elgato.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for education | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-02T13:50:59+00:00

    Yes. Get in touch with your IT Team to remove me from 'Targeted release' in the M365 Admin Center. Also just ask them to check the Teams Update policy in Teams Admin Center so that you are not on a policy that allows previews.

    If this is not doable because it's a setting that's globally assigned to all users, what other options are there? Do we just wait and hope for an update that resolves this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-13T07:27:03+00:00

    Yes. Get in touch with your IT Team to remove me from 'Targeted release' in the M365 Admin Center. Also just ask them to check the Teams Update policy in Teams Admin Center so that you are not on a policy that allows previews.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-13T05:47:11+00:00

    HI Steve,

    I think this will resolve my issues as well. Although I'm using MS Teams on my personal MacBook, the sign-in account is the one for work.

    I don't have Admin access to Teams configuration though.

    Do I need to speak with my IT Team to remove me from 'Targeted release for select users' for previews on MS Teams?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-13T03:23:49+00:00

    This didn't work for me.

    The thing that helped the most was this post https://github.com/L-C-P/TouchPortalTeamsPlugin/issues/1#issuecomment-1603856454

    along with googling "can't switch out of developer mode"

    Once I'd disabled the previews on the Teams Admin site, waited a day or so, then relaunched teams, all was well again. looks like the preview or developer modes have got a disabled API (potentially to avoid undetermined exploits) - though it would have been INCREDIBLY helpful if Microsoft had actually mentioned this somewhere (ya know, like in the API enable/disable dialog!!!)

    In any case mine is working after managing to revert out of all preview/developer mode features. Happy Days

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-07T15:39:09+00:00

    I had this same issue. I realized the Teams APP that is native with windows was running on top of my Teams Work or School account that comes with Office installed by my organization. Once I uninstalled the Teams APP native to windows, everything started working. I think Stream Deck see's 2 instances of Teams running and the API feature does not connect properly because of it causing the lock on the icons in stream deck. Again, once I uninstalled the Teams APP that comes with Windows (not the work or school version of Teams), everything works like a dream.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments