Teams add-in for Elgato Stream Deck not working properly

Anonymous
2023-04-09T10:39:35+00:00

I have a problem with Teams (365 Enterprise A5 license, Teams version 1.6.00.9379, latest update available). After starting up, the buttons on my Stream Deck + (software 6.1.0.18521, firmware 2.0.3.2) are the same Teams logo with a small red lock on them (but with the custom text tag which I set for each button).

-update-

The procedure below doesn't work anymore. :(

To get the correct icons on the buttons I have to:

-Start a Teams meeting/call, at least one participant has to answer;

  • Stop the meeting after a few seconds;
  • In Teams disable the Third-Party API option;
  • Wait about 10 seconds and enable the Third-Party API option (key stays the same);
  • Start a new Teams meeting/call, at least one participant has to answer;
  • End the meeting/call after 10 seconds or more;
  • Within a few seconds the correct icons show up on the buttons, but greyed;
  • Again, start a Teams meeting/call and the buttons change to colored.

However, when a meeting/call is started and the buttons show the correct icons and change to colored, none of these buttons do anything when pressed. But when using mute or disable camera from within the Teams desktop app, the status on the buttons on the Stream Deck do change instantly according to the status in Teams.

It doesn't matter if Microsoft Teams is started at Windows startup or if you start Microsoft Teams after the Stream Deck software is loaded and active. Tested with both normal and developer/public preview mode.

Note:

I'm not affiliated with neither Microsoft nor Elgato.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for education | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-04T01:39:58+00:00

    did you uninstall Teams accordingly?

    Yes, I followed your exact steps, and also downloaded the latest version from the Microsoft Teams website (you mentioned downloading from the App Store, but there's no such application available on the Mac App Store if that's what you're referring to).

    now running Teams for Mac v1.6.00.19562

    Created a new API key and successfully added to the Stream Deck plugin, so they do not show any padlocks however, I still have the same issue, while I am in a meeting, the buttons remain purple, not coloured, therefore cannot use them to interact with the meeting.

    What version of Teams for Mac are you using right now?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-03T07:00:11+00:00

    did you uninstall Teams accordingly?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-03T06:33:43+00:00

    Thanks, I already have this installed and here are my settings, but MS teams is still autoupdating to the latest version.

    Currently on this version:

    I will re-do your steps tonight and report back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-03T06:17:28+00:00

    I changed the link (and here it is too https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=830196) in my original post... please try again

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-03T01:23:58+00:00

    Hi Frank, yeah I tried and didn't work unfortunately. The link you provided for Microsoft AutoUpdate App returns an error. Can you please provide it again? I will retry your process tonight.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments