How to disable prompt about switching back to old Teams?

Anonymous
2023-07-06T08:40:40+00:00

Hello,

I've switched to new Teams and they work great. However, every time I start Teams I get this message:

https://i.imgur.com/VFY9xXz.png

I don't want to switch back. Can I disable this message so I don't see it every time I start MS Teams?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-07-06T09:46:45+00:00

Found the solution.

Teams have to be started using Microsoft Teams (Work Preview) entry from Start Menu, not the old one.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T13:03:39+00:00

    Thank you!

    Why is it that the solution rarely comes from a Microsoft employee? Even the semi-official sounding "independant advisors" can't provide an answer or even understand the problem?

    But thank YOU again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-07T13:52:59+00:00

    This is the definitive answer, the reason it keeps asking you if you want to switch back is because you keep clicking on the original Teams icon like I was doing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-17T13:00:00+00:00

    This is the one that solved the issue! :D Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-17T13:12:04+00:00

    Not only can these so-called "official" people give us the correct solutions, one even said there was no solution. I don't trust them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments