How to disable prompt about switching back to old Teams?

Anonymous
2023-07-06T08:40:40+00:00

Hello,

I've switched to new Teams and they work great. However, every time I start Teams I get this message:

https://i.imgur.com/VFY9xXz.png

I don't want to switch back. Can I disable this message so I don't see it every time I start MS Teams?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-07-06T09:46:45+00:00

Found the solution.

Teams have to be started using Microsoft Teams (Work Preview) entry from Start Menu, not the old one.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T15:58:41+00:00

    Oh my gosh yes! Thank you!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T15:48:22+00:00

    The solution is to open Teams[New] from the Start menu as mentioned by Radoslaw Wyroslak.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T14:39:01+00:00

    Actually just removing shortcut to Teams from the Startup folder fixes the problem. That shortcut directs you to the old Teams app which prompts the question because you already have the new Teams up installed. The new Teams app has an auto-start feature that will start the app up so the shortcut in the Startup folder is completely unnecessary. Have done install by Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-23T20:58:46+00:00

    What's all this "new teams/old teams" about anyway, if it's not just a way of saying "we were lazy and didn't complete testing before releasing it."

    "Expect bugs."

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments