How to disable prompt about switching back to old Teams?

Anonymous
2023-07-06T08:40:40+00:00

Hello,

I've switched to new Teams and they work great. However, every time I start Teams I get this message:

https://i.imgur.com/VFY9xXz.png

I don't want to switch back. Can I disable this message so I don't see it every time I start MS Teams?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-07-06T09:46:45+00:00

Found the solution.

Teams have to be started using Microsoft Teams (Work Preview) entry from Start Menu, not the old one.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T16:23:22+00:00

    Wow! After reading several useless, overcomplicated answers to this issue elsewhere, this simple solution fixed it right away!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T16:37:18+00:00

    Just delete the old teams icon from your status bar and click on the new teams icon and you'll never see the message again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T16:30:20+00:00

    And how to you do that? Half answers are exactly half answers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T12:58:09+00:00

    Just delete old teams icon that you click on and only click on the new one, that is what solved the problem for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments