How to disable prompt about switching back to old Teams?

Anonymous
2023-07-06T08:40:40+00:00

Hello,

I've switched to new Teams and they work great. However, every time I start Teams I get this message:

https://i.imgur.com/VFY9xXz.png

I don't want to switch back. Can I disable this message so I don't see it every time I start MS Teams?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-07-06T09:46:45+00:00

Found the solution.

Teams have to be started using Microsoft Teams (Work Preview) entry from Start Menu, not the old one.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-21T22:19:24+00:00

    Nothing happens when I right click the new logo.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-01T16:58:45+00:00

    My god awful Windows 11 Start menu lists mutiple copies of Teams. None of them say "New". How do I know which is the "new" teams icon to click?

    So frustrating that MS doesn't even bother to try thinking like its customers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T18:14:10+00:00

    In the Taskbar, Right click the new teams logo and pin it to your taskbar. Then right click the old logo and unpin from it taskbar. Done.

    YES! YES! YES! This is the only answer we need.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T02:47:28+00:00

    Open by clicking on the new Teams shortcut, will bring you directly to what you want to.

    I usually open it by hit Start button -> type "teams" -> enter. But it still opens the old version.

    How to fix: do the same search in start -> right click on the old shortcut -> open file location -> delete or rename the shortcut.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments