How to disable prompt about switching back to old Teams?

Anonymous
2023-07-06T08:40:40+00:00

Hello,

I've switched to new Teams and they work great. However, every time I start Teams I get this message:

https://i.imgur.com/VFY9xXz.png

I don't want to switch back. Can I disable this message so I don't see it every time I start MS Teams?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-07-06T09:46:45+00:00

Found the solution.

Teams have to be started using Microsoft Teams (Work Preview) entry from Start Menu, not the old one.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-15T14:41:13+00:00

    I had the same problem and toggled the New Teams button off and then back on. It switched to a new window and gave me a new icon in the taskbar. I pinned it to the taskbar and removed the old icon.

    See if that helps you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-31T13:09:28+00:00

    This very long and detailed answer completely ignored the original question. I have the same question and it doesn't help me to read through irrelevant answers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    90+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-22T14:34:32+00:00

    In the Taskbar, Right click the new teams logo and pin it to your taskbar. Then right click the old logo and unpin from it taskbar. Done.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-06T10:04:53+00:00

    Sorry for the inconvenience:)

    I forgot to mention that currently there is no option to remove it. Microsoft is still working on this version, so some features aren’t available yet.

    Also, I would suggest sending feedback through the new Teams, select Help >Give feedback and follow the prompts.

    Hope it will be released as soon as possible. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments