How to disable prompt about switching back to old Teams?

Anonymous
2023-07-06T08:40:40+00:00

Hello,

I've switched to new Teams and they work great. However, every time I start Teams I get this message:

https://i.imgur.com/VFY9xXz.png

I don't want to switch back. Can I disable this message so I don't see it every time I start MS Teams?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-07-06T09:46:45+00:00

Found the solution.

Teams have to be started using Microsoft Teams (Work Preview) entry from Start Menu, not the old one.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T15:48:22+00:00

    The solution is to open Teams[New] from the Start menu as mentioned by Radoslaw Wyroslak.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T15:58:41+00:00

    Oh my gosh yes! Thank you!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T13:33:40+00:00

    Found the solution.

    Teams have to be started using Microsoft Teams (Work Preview) entry from Start Menu, not the old one.

    Thank you for the brevity unlike some other responses in here.

    "Why use 10 words when 80 will do?" - The Dowager Countess

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T10:58:25+00:00

    Nah, I think I'm gonna keep sending feedback the way I choose to.

    So, let me see if I get this correctly:

    1. Microsoft encourages us to try new versions of things (which we are probably going to anyway at some point in the timeline, whether we want to or not).
    2. Microsoft codes in a nag screen into that new software that bugs us about switching back to the old version EVERY TIME WE OPEN THE WINDOW (not even "every time we start the program"- nope, every time I open the window, I'm PUNISHED for trying something new).
    3. Profit?

    Intentionally bad design or gross negligence? Take your pick I guess?

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments