Teams will not fully "hang up" and release my Bluetooth Headset

Anonymous
2023-02-04T03:38:27+00:00

With issue for a few years, I have been using a Jabra 65 Evolve headset with Microsoft Teams on the same Windows 10 Laptop. In the last few weeks, I have had problems where after exiting a Teams meeting, the Teams software is not fully hanging up. Upon exiting via the the "Leave" button in the Teams Window or Hanging up with a long-press of the Jabra Headset button, the meeting and the meeting window will close and appear to have fully ended, but my headset is still "connected" appearing to be part of a meeting. While in this connected state, the headset will not connect to another Bluetooth device (like my mobile phone). It will stay in this state indefinitely and will only respond/connect if I enter another Teams meeting.

The only fix I have found is when I fully exit Teams. Once I do that, the headset is fully released/hung up and connects back to my Mobile phone. Only after exiting Teams and then reloading Teams does the headset work properly and pair back up with the headset while also being paired with my mobile phone.

I believe this is a Teams problem only because anything I try with the Jabra headset or software does not change the state of the headset. The headset still appears connected even if I unplug the Jabra Link 370 dongle and then plug it back in. Again, only after I fully exit/shutdown Teams and then restart Teams is the headset for use like it had been for the years before. My ticket to Jabra states this is a Microsoft Teams problem (of course).

Laptop LENOVO ThinkPad T15 Gen 1

Windows Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044

Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.1381 (64-bit)

Jabra Evolve Headset Firmware 2.97.0

Jabra Link 370 Firmware 1.87.0

Jabra Direct Software 6.5.31801

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T14:49:42+00:00

    Is there any change on this, continues to happen I have cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled, how is this something that cannot be fixed or repeated on Microsoft end?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-26T17:12:35+00:00

    This happens daily in both the old teams and the new teams. WHY CAN'T MS FIX THIS?

    Clearing cache (which is the go to fix that NEVER EVER WORKS) is useless

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-20T07:05:06+00:00

    Same issue here with Jabra Evolve2 65

    Only fix is to restart TEAMS after every call

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-19T15:16:31+00:00

    My IT Senior Support Technician performed the following which resolved the issue for me:

    "Installed the Poly Lens app on your computer and factory reset both your Voyager 6200UC headset and the BT600 USB Dongle. After both of those were reset, it started “releasing” correctly after the calls."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-19T12:25:23+00:00

    This appears to be happening again. I had the problem earlier, and would resolve it with a test call. It started happening again few days ago, and the test call no longer works. The only thing that worked was restarting the teams, which isn't a viable solution after every call.

    My setup:

    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22621.2428]

    You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.27573 (64-bit). It was last updated on 2023-10-10.

    Headset: Sennheiser SDW 5066

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments