You're viewing content from https://.... Make sure you trust this site before using it. If the site doesn’t load properly, open it in a browser.

Anonymous
2023-11-22T07:19:52+00:00

In Teams (New) we have a Tab that links to Sharepoint. When we open the Tab now we are getting the following message :

You're viewing content from https://.... Make sure you trust this site before using it. If the site doesn’t load properly, open it in a browser.

When we open the site in a browser the sharepoint site loads correctly. How can we get rid of the message and open sharepointsite within Microsoft Teams (New)

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T17:08:26+00:00

    Hi, are there any news on that?
    I have the some problem on macOS, but also only with the new Teams.

    Regards Andreas

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T19:23:01+00:00

    I'm also seeking update for this - experiencing the same issue with my users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T19:38:48+00:00

    The following is the answer I got back from Microsoft:

    The Website tab is not a supported mechanism for integrating content into Teams. The Website tab has always been a best effort mechanism and we cannot guarantee that the content embedded in it will work as expected. If the content doesn't work, then customers should click on the "Open in browser" button in the warning header to launch the pinned URL in their default browser where it should work as expected: From a technical perspective, the Electron webview that we used to embed websites into the Classic Teams Client has been deprecated and we have switched to using a vanilla iframe in the New Teams Client. That means a number of sites that worked in the Classic Teams Client will no longer work in the New Teams Client. Customers should use dedicated apps from the Store to embed the content where available or load the sites in their browser if no app is available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T21:34:19+00:00

    I get that they are inserting the content in a vanilla iframe and that some content may not render correctly (no issues with that).

    • If I am running Teams in a browser, then I'm guessing the iframe will render in that same browser.
    • If I am running the desktop version of Teams, then what is rendering the iframe? Is there a browser embedded in Teams, or is it simply making systems calls to a renderer in the OS?
    • Is HTML rendering in the OS essentially Edge?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T00:06:20+00:00

    I do not fully understand that, especially the reference to the "dedicated app"--I thought Teams was the dedicated app for integrating other MS Office products. What else is Teams supposed to do?

    But what I really get is that the joke I've been making--Meet the new Teams; same as the old Teams--isn't true. The new Teams is worse.

    I know you're just the messenger. Don't mean to be cranky to you Jim B. Thank you!

    Robert

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments