Teams Flickering when joining from Outlook calendar

Anonymous
2023-07-25T17:35:39+00:00

macOS

Teams version 1.6.00.19303-E (updated 7/21/2023)

Outlook version 16.75.1 (23071400)

Many users experiencing an issue where Teams will flicker non-stop when joining a meeting from the Outlook calendar if Teams is not already open.

Will have to force quit Teams application, then reopen Teams separately.

Clearing MS Teams cache doesn't fix the issue.

Only work around is to either join directly from Teams calendar, or open Teams first, then join from Outlook calendar.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-15T15:14:28+00:00

    same issue here on mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-15T16:41:56+00:00

    So I just took the bait on the "New Teams", downloaded it on both my mac and iphone, and whalla, the problem is gone.

    New Teams / pre release preview version installed easily and looks kinda the same, but I now have the weekend to play with it. Lets see what I fix, and what I break:>

    Version 23231.406.2360.4907 (23231.406.2360.4907)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-15T19:58:31+00:00

    Started running into this a couple days ago.

    I don't know if New Teams is part of New Outlook but if it is, that's definitely not a solution. New Outlook has to be the worst 'update' I have ever loaded. Thankfully the option to revert back is there but I do wonder how long that is going to be the case.

    Joe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-18T05:16:47+00:00

    I have just figured out that if you have Teams open when the user clicks the meeting link, Teams will not flicker. If Teams is not running when the meeting is launched, then the flickering occurs.

    The issue only started for these users when they upgraded to macOS Ventura 13.5.2

    Currently opening a ticket with Microsoft now but I am guessing it will be a lost cause.

    I hope this helps someone else to find a workaround!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-18T12:55:32+00:00

    Happens to me with High Sierra 10.13.6...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments