Teams Flickering when joining from Outlook calendar

Anonymous
2023-07-25T17:35:39+00:00

macOS

Teams version 1.6.00.19303-E (updated 7/21/2023)

Outlook version 16.75.1 (23071400)

Many users experiencing an issue where Teams will flicker non-stop when joining a meeting from the Outlook calendar if Teams is not already open.

Will have to force quit Teams application, then reopen Teams separately.

Clearing MS Teams cache doesn't fix the issue.

Only work around is to either join directly from Teams calendar, or open Teams first, then join from Outlook calendar.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-14T05:15:25+00:00

    Is anyone going to look at this issue? This is affecting multiple clients of my in different organisations, and appears to be a bug in the Mac version of MS Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-14T15:52:06+00:00

    I have a support ticket open with MS right now. I sent them logs and videos of this issue. They just escalated up to the Product Group Team. Im waiting to hear from them next.

    Everyone needs to open up more tickets about this rather then posting on here, because they are telling me they have not heard of this issue yet....mind you I also sent them this link to this forum so they had no excuse of not hearing about it anymore.

    Ill let ya'll know what the Product Group Team says next...

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-14T16:20:53+00:00

    thanks for this reply.... I will open a ticket now that I know its not just my issue...thks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-15T00:41:29+00:00

    I have also opened up a support ticket under one of the organisations I manage. So far they haven't been overly helpful. They sent me a link to the latest installer for the full Microsoft Office suite and asked me to delete my current apps and then use the installer. I did this, and it works, but it looks like the latest full Office Suite installs an older version of Teams, which did not have the issue.

    I have gone back to them with this, but they have not replied yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-15T14:28:53+00:00

    I am seeing this issue with a client on Mac as well. only when opening teams from outlook while teams is closed. I will open a ticket as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments