Teams Flickering when joining from Outlook calendar

Anonymous
2023-07-25T17:35:39+00:00

macOS

Teams version 1.6.00.19303-E (updated 7/21/2023)

Outlook version 16.75.1 (23071400)

Many users experiencing an issue where Teams will flicker non-stop when joining a meeting from the Outlook calendar if Teams is not already open.

Will have to force quit Teams application, then reopen Teams separately.

Clearing MS Teams cache doesn't fix the issue.

Only work around is to either join directly from Teams calendar, or open Teams first, then join from Outlook calendar.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-05T15:21:30+00:00

    I also have been experiencing this issue for the past 3 or 4 weeks.

    It had been working perfectly for years.

    I am using version 1.6.00.22155.

    As per above, if I open Teams first and THEN click on a meeting link from Outlook E-Mail or Calendar, there is no issue.

    Please fix!!!

    -David Hutchinson

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-06T09:13:54+00:00

    We are experiencing the same issues, please tell us asap how to fix this issue for our users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-07T12:54:56+00:00

    My organization is starting to experience this. Can't believe this hasn't been fixed, yet.

    Other than making sure Teams is already launched as a work-around, I upgraded to Teams Work Preview. That seems to work better when join meetings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-08T16:54:58+00:00

    I am having this same issues across our company on Mac users. This did not happen on the older version of Teams only when version 1.6.00.22155 was pushed out.

    I have a ticket open with MS. Hopefully they will have a fix for me soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-11T23:44:10+00:00

    Seeing this serious launch issue with 1.6.00.22155 on MacOS 13.5.2 (22G91). This is a new problem with a recent update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments