Teams Flickering when joining from Outlook calendar

Anonymous
2023-07-25T17:35:39+00:00

macOS

Teams version 1.6.00.19303-E (updated 7/21/2023)

Outlook version 16.75.1 (23071400)

Many users experiencing an issue where Teams will flicker non-stop when joining a meeting from the Outlook calendar if Teams is not already open.

Will have to force quit Teams application, then reopen Teams separately.

Clearing MS Teams cache doesn't fix the issue.

Only work around is to either join directly from Teams calendar, or open Teams first, then join from Outlook calendar.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T02:36:25+00:00

    Thanks for the tip for the workaround for the flickering problem by first opening Teams and THEN click the Outlook reminder "Join" meeting button .

    Hopefully this bug is fixed soon by the engineers.

    I am glad it helped you.

    A Microsoft representative has advised that there is a bug open for this and it will be resolved in the October 2023 update that is coming out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-25T13:41:17+00:00

    It maybe associated with not being logged in?

    There is a window behind that says loading teams.

    If you manage to get to the sign in screen, mine crashed when I entered username, but when I restarted Team I got the authorise using authenticator dialogue. After I authenticated it seemed to behave better.

    Not had an actual meeting (since) as yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-25T13:25:30+00:00

    Same issue on multiple Macs.

    Even Fresh Install (25 Sept 2023) on brand new Mac today. Same Issue.

    Force Quit.

    On another Mac I tried to open team NOT from a link, then I tried to look at "About" for version number, the screen ping-pong (side-to-side window sliding transition) between two windows until it crashes. Is it trying to go full screen?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-25T08:09:19+00:00

    Thanks a lot! This solved my issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-21T15:12:44+00:00

    I was able to fix it from my end by doing a clean-ish uninstall, reboot, then reinstall. So far, no flicking when joining a meeting when Teams is not running.

    Deleted the following files and folders in addition to the Teams app:

    • ~/Library/Caches/ — com.microsoft.teams
    • ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams

    Restarted and reinstalled. I'm on MacOS 13.5.2

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments