Teams Flickering when joining from Outlook calendar

Anonymous
2023-07-25T17:35:39+00:00

macOS

Teams version 1.6.00.19303-E (updated 7/21/2023)

Outlook version 16.75.1 (23071400)

Many users experiencing an issue where Teams will flicker non-stop when joining a meeting from the Outlook calendar if Teams is not already open.

Will have to force quit Teams application, then reopen Teams separately.

Clearing MS Teams cache doesn't fix the issue.

Only work around is to either join directly from Teams calendar, or open Teams first, then join from Outlook calendar.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-15T07:03:56+00:00

    Didn't work for me on Ventura

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-27T13:05:28+00:00

    Hello all.

    Microsoft Teams has been updated and it looks good.

    It is in preview now.

    Version 23247.708.2378.3114 (23247.708.2378.3114)

    Get this one and all is fixed.

    -Hutch

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-27T12:54:24+00:00

    I had the exact same experience this morning. First time it hasn't continuously flickered and required a force-quit in many weeks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-27T12:08:50+00:00

    From other postings herein, by others who called Microsoft support,

    “A Microsoft representative has advised that there is a bug open for this and it will be resolved in the October 2023 update that is coming out.”

    This is a known bug and the work-around is for the user to join a meeting from the Teams calendar, and not Outlook, until fixed. Changing to another teleconferencing provider is of course your option but realize you will be trading one set of issues for another set. You will have all your users to retrain and learn how to use it, install it, and you will need to support it. And especially, neither Zoom nor Google Meetings integrate into Office products with the depth and ease that Teams does - for example, your documents, screenshots, etc. that you message people, are actually saved into your OneDrive, where the company admins can control dissemination. And the mobile versions of Teams and Outlook are the best you can get for productivity.

    There is no such thing as perfect software. We now live in a world of constantly evolving software - change one thing and break 3 others. Sadly, we have clamored for these latest greatest changes - always caught up in the new features and gee-whiz aspects - and now we pay the price.

    I hope this helps. My users understand the work around and it is easy and they, and I, will have to do nothing until the corrective patching arrives. Finger's crossed!

    Best to you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-27T05:12:27+00:00

    I have just done a quick test, and it looks like the issue may have been resolved. I did not change versions as I was already on the latest version and no further updates have been released.

    When I first joined a meeting today it flickered a little and then stopped, now when I join subsequent meetings even with the app closed there is no flickering. I guess this may have been something they fixed server side, which is why no update to the app was needed.

    I have not yet tested it on other Macs, but it's now working on mine. I did update to 13.6, so that cloud have also resolved the issue I guess.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments