Teams Flickering when joining from Outlook calendar

Anonymous
2023-07-25T17:35:39+00:00

macOS

Teams version 1.6.00.19303-E (updated 7/21/2023)

Outlook version 16.75.1 (23071400)

Many users experiencing an issue where Teams will flicker non-stop when joining a meeting from the Outlook calendar if Teams is not already open.

Will have to force quit Teams application, then reopen Teams separately.

Clearing MS Teams cache doesn't fix the issue.

Only work around is to either join directly from Teams calendar, or open Teams first, then join from Outlook calendar.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-15T14:28:53+00:00

    I am seeing this issue with a client on Mac as well. only when opening teams from outlook while teams is closed. I will open a ticket as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-15T00:41:29+00:00

    I have also opened up a support ticket under one of the organisations I manage. So far they haven't been overly helpful. They sent me a link to the latest installer for the full Microsoft Office suite and asked me to delete my current apps and then use the installer. I did this, and it works, but it looks like the latest full Office Suite installs an older version of Teams, which did not have the issue.

    I have gone back to them with this, but they have not replied yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-14T16:20:53+00:00

    thanks for this reply.... I will open a ticket now that I know its not just my issue...thks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-13T19:29:47+00:00

    same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-13T16:23:13+00:00

    Same issue with me. Started a couple of weeks ago.

    Outlook 16.76.2

    Teams  1.6.00.24151

    OSx 13.5.2

    Very annoying. My workaround has been to Close Teams and Outlook, and then restart TEAMS and join the meeting from there.

    Hope this helps..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments