TEAMS - How to move the 'camera/video bar' from the bottom to the top of the screen

Anonymous
2020-06-11T08:38:59+00:00

Hello, when on TEAMS I systematically have the bar displaying all the faces / videos of participants locked at the bottom of the screen (under the control bar). Its a pain as my own camera is on top of my screen. Is there a way to move (like on Zoom or Webex) this bar of 'faces' to the top of the screen?

Thank you

Eric

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-01T10:01:50+00:00

    This is a very basic best practice requirement that Microsoft has completely missed.

    For the best immersive video conference experience, the best practice is to ensure that the participants are experiencing that the other participants to be looking into the camera, i.e. at you.  The only way to achieve this is to allow the video presentation windows to be moved to the best location, such as close to a webcam or specifically to another window in a multi-screen setup.

    While we wait for this requirement, we for important meetings  recommend the use of competing products like Zoom, Webex and Gotomeeting that fully meet these requirements

    Best regards

    Johan Hagström

    CIO

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-17T21:36:23+00:00

    Joey- Microsoft Agent - 

     I have the same issue. When someone is SHARING a document ---

    All of my co-workers' faces appear at the BOTTOM of the screen and I would like to put that bar across the TOP of the screen so that it is closer to the video camera on my laptop. 

    **How do we make this change?

    ?

    Andy

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-01T10:12:59+00:00

    Dear MS team,

    Please consider the request being discussed in this tread as a extremelyrelevant feature you should include in your backlog and deliver ASAP. Consider some of us spend 8+ hours a day looking at the bottom part of our laptops causing significant neck pain because you missed to allow the user to move the camera/video bar to the top, side or even to another screen. This feature has been in ZOOM for the longest time...

    Again, PLEASE think about the hundreds of thousands / millions of people using your tool on a daily basis for several hours.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-03T13:37:43+00:00

    The video bar needs to be movable. The laptop camera is at the top of monitor but we see other person's video at the bottom and so the we are never looking directly at each other.  

    While the presenter can move the video window on the screen, other attendees in the meeting cannot move it. The attendee bar with videos is always displayed at the bottom. So, I keep seeing the video in the bottom bar and cannot drag it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-09T11:36:53+00:00

    I agree with other respondents that it should be more configurable - I use a wide screen laptop, so screen depth is premium and I have lots of space to the side, so I would like to be able to move the gallery to the side.  I cannot read the shared screen unless I use the 'focus' option, when I lose the gallery completely - I would like to be able to still see the gallery preferably docked at the side & the shared screen resize to fill the newly available space.

    I would also like the option to shrink or auto hide the top control bar - the only thing I need to access regularly during most meetings is the microphone mute button (& to be able to confirm that I really am on mute :) ). 

    (And if you really want to be user friendly, consider a mute toggle button like Zoom has, so when I press it, I can be heard, when I release it, I am back on mute (then even no need for an on/off button a lot of the time) - I know I can toggle using a button combo, but I have to use it twice (and remember the combo), once to turn it on and then to turn it off  - hardly worth it just to be able to say 'ok').

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments