Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
I just created a suggestion. Please vote.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello, when on TEAMS I systematically have the bar displaying all the faces / videos of participants locked at the bottom of the screen (under the control bar). Its a pain as my own camera is on top of my screen. Is there a way to move (like on Zoom or Webex) this bar of 'faces' to the top of the screen?
Thank you
Eric
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I just created a suggestion. Please vote.
Does anyone know how to get Microsoft's attention to this? I posted this about 5 months ago, with a lot of people posting the same concern, but NOONE from Microsoft has actually chimed in and said "yes we're working on this and will soon have a resolution", or "here's the fix"... only a stead thread of people saying "PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM"
Omkar has it right. Most cameras are at the top of a screen and when the people are at the bottom it makes it look like you are not looking at them when you are talking. Being able to move the video bar to the top of the screen while someone is sharing their screen or being able to choose the location would be a wonderful plus for Microsoft to offer over the competition.
I agree with other respondents that it should be more configurable - I use a wide screen laptop, so screen depth is premium and I have lots of space to the side, so I would like to be able to move the gallery to the side. I cannot read the shared screen unless I use the 'focus' option, when I lose the gallery completely - I would like to be able to still see the gallery preferably docked at the side & the shared screen resize to fill the newly available space.
I would also like the option to shrink or auto hide the top control bar - the only thing I need to access regularly during most meetings is the microphone mute button (& to be able to confirm that I really am on mute :) ).
(And if you really want to be user friendly, consider a mute toggle button like Zoom has, so when I press it, I can be heard, when I release it, I am back on mute (then even no need for an on/off button a lot of the time) - I know I can toggle using a button combo, but I have to use it twice (and remember the combo), once to turn it on and then to turn it off - hardly worth it just to be able to say 'ok').
The video bar needs to be movable. The laptop camera is at the top of monitor but we see other person's video at the bottom and so the we are never looking directly at each other.
While the presenter can move the video window on the screen, other attendees in the meeting cannot move it. The attendee bar with videos is always displayed at the bottom. So, I keep seeing the video in the bottom bar and cannot drag it.