TEAMS - How to move the 'camera/video bar' from the bottom to the top of the screen

Anonymous
2020-06-11T08:38:59+00:00

Hello, when on TEAMS I systematically have the bar displaying all the faces / videos of participants locked at the bottom of the screen (under the control bar). Its a pain as my own camera is on top of my screen. Is there a way to move (like on Zoom or Webex) this bar of 'faces' to the top of the screen?

Thank you

Eric

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-03T13:37:43+00:00

    The video bar needs to be movable. The laptop camera is at the top of monitor but we see other person's video at the bottom and so the we are never looking directly at each other.  

    While the presenter can move the video window on the screen, other attendees in the meeting cannot move it. The attendee bar with videos is always displayed at the bottom. So, I keep seeing the video in the bottom bar and cannot drag it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T20:19:16+00:00

    In agreement here as well. It would be great if my coworkers faces (as well as mine) could be at the top of the screen so as to avoid looking down from the camera to see them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-04T17:56:32+00:00

    Same here. I strongly believe that the microsoft developers do not use their own applications extensively enough to realize how well it works. When  we have a teams meeting, often someone shares a screen. we have graphs, etc. being presented. But you have this bar at the bottom (video, mike, chat, etc. bar). I can not move it. I have to click somewhere for it to disappear. but if i touch my mouse it appears again. sometimes it blocks some critical information that is being presented. How come the developers did not even think this would be an issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-09T11:36:53+00:00

    I agree with other respondents that it should be more configurable - I use a wide screen laptop, so screen depth is premium and I have lots of space to the side, so I would like to be able to move the gallery to the side.  I cannot read the shared screen unless I use the 'focus' option, when I lose the gallery completely - I would like to be able to still see the gallery preferably docked at the side & the shared screen resize to fill the newly available space.

    I would also like the option to shrink or auto hide the top control bar - the only thing I need to access regularly during most meetings is the microphone mute button (& to be able to confirm that I really am on mute :) ). 

    (And if you really want to be user friendly, consider a mute toggle button like Zoom has, so when I press it, I can be heard, when I release it, I am back on mute (then even no need for an on/off button a lot of the time) - I know I can toggle using a button combo, but I have to use it twice (and remember the combo), once to turn it on and then to turn it off  - hardly worth it just to be able to say 'ok').

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-13T18:59:00+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments