Teams account for child without phone number

Anonymous
2020-07-26T19:12:12+00:00

I am trying to set up teams accounts for my 2 kids since we all will need different logins between my work and their school.  I was able to create the account, get a verification email to the child's email address, but when I try to finish setting up the account, it requires a phone number.  My children do not have phones and it will not let me use my phone number again.  How do I set it up without requiring another phone number?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-03T20:59:32+00:00

    you are not helping with security.

    rather harvesting phone numbers.

    i will be happy to direct each and every client i ever have in the future to alternate solutions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-08T21:03:47+00:00

    If I knew we need an active phone for each family member, I would never have bought office 365 family plan. My kids have to do online learning but they are too young to have phones. It’s a ridiculous policy to have a separate phone for each user regardless what age they are. Even more ridiculous is the response from MS to borrow another family members phone # - what will that person use?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T06:29:30+00:00

    Totally agreed, don’t market team as a family centric app if its not even able to handle kid’s account without phone number.

    This is totally misleading. Disappointed :( and waiting for update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-25T15:44:51+00:00

    I don't want to add my phone number to my personal Microsoft Account for more privacy and security. So this means I won't be able to use Teams. Your loss, MS.

    Please add your voice and upvote this suggestion:

    Remove Phone Number Requirement for Personal Microsoft Accounts – Welcome to UserVoice!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-29T08:12:07+00:00

    I live in a mobile blackspot, by the time I can get the sms text the page on my pc has timed out so will just carry on with FB/Zoom.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments