Teams account for child without phone number

Anonymous
2020-07-26T19:12:12+00:00

I am trying to set up teams accounts for my 2 kids since we all will need different logins between my work and their school.  I was able to create the account, get a verification email to the child's email address, but when I try to finish setting up the account, it requires a phone number.  My children do not have phones and it will not let me use my phone number again.  How do I set it up without requiring another phone number?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-29T20:17:54+00:00

    How do I use Teams if I don't want to install proprietary Authenticator software on my phone that contains 5 trackers and requires 30 permissions?

    https://reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/169174/

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-22T15:24:19+00:00

    How to Login to teams if I don’t have a phone number

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T08:42:49+00:00

    This is ridiculous, almost laughable that MICROSOFT cannot even be bothered to answer this question, 2 children sharing MY account on my IPAD because their accounts need a phone number.. I see when money is involved it's different, my children can spend money on their own microsoft accounts ( supervised by my account ) but can't use teams to talk to school during lockdown, what a joke........

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T05:48:37+00:00

    MS, any solution to this problem? Schools in India using MS Teams for students. We can’t get mobiles for each child in the family at early age.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-11T15:30:45+00:00

    Come on, Microsoft! It's 2021 already and there's still no solution to such a simple problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments