Teams account for child without phone number

Anonymous
2020-07-26T19:12:12+00:00

I am trying to set up teams accounts for my 2 kids since we all will need different logins between my work and their school.  I was able to create the account, get a verification email to the child's email address, but when I try to finish setting up the account, it requires a phone number.  My children do not have phones and it will not let me use my phone number again.  How do I set it up without requiring another phone number?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-10T14:44:37+00:00

    This is what i got as well

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-10T14:40:57+00:00

    Same. Im a kid on this and I dont have a phone. Please can you help? I want to talk to my friends on this. 

    Hope you understand :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-27T23:10:33+00:00

    Has this issue been fixed yet?

    I only have access to one phone number but I want to have two teams accounts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-27T07:07:23+00:00

    This is not a security measure. You can register the same phone number for 2FA on two or more different accounts (I have three, actually), and get SMS's when logging in from new places for all of them. Or you can install the Microsoft Authentication app for that security bit, if preferred.

    However, Teams in a private context will not let you log in unless there is a unique phone number registered with that account.

    It works perfectly for a cooperate account, but not for a private account - both my cooperate and private Microsoft account can use Teams with the same 2FA phone number. But two private accounts cannot.

    So, I second the plea: Please fix!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-26T21:57:07+00:00

    I've had this hotmail account for over 20 years without Microsoft knowing my phone number, but somehow harvesting my 2021 phone number will increase my security by verifying who I am?

    If you don't already know my phone number how does harvesting it "verify" anything?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments