Teams account for child without phone number

Anonymous
2020-07-26T19:12:12+00:00

I am trying to set up teams accounts for my 2 kids since we all will need different logins between my work and their school.  I was able to create the account, get a verification email to the child's email address, but when I try to finish setting up the account, it requires a phone number.  My children do not have phones and it will not let me use my phone number again.  How do I set it up without requiring another phone number?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T17:43:51+00:00

    It is very simple, the top guy at Microsoft wants to have Teams everywhere, this is why it is integrated to Windows, and heavily promoted.

    But the development product manager at Microsoft does not care what the guy on the top wants, he or she imagined a system based on phone numbers, something so outdated.

    Most of the people like me with families will try the product, then ignore the product, it does not work for their families, the guy on the top is usually disconnected from reality, will not know what happened, and the product manager will invent a good excuse for the failure.

    It is not like Microsoft Teams is a superior product or something? the competition is full with better alternatives. :-)

    Best answer yet!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-12T16:43:50+00:00

    I guess so. Microsoft still should make it so anyone can do teams even without phone number

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-12T16:14:07+00:00

    It is very simple, the top guy at Microsoft wants to have Teams everywhere, this is why it is integrated to Windows, and heavily promoted.

    But the development product manager at Microsoft does not care what the guy on the top wants, he or she imagined a system based on phone numbers, something so outdated.

    Most of the people like me with families will try the product, then ignore the product, it does not work for their families, the guy on the top is usually disconnected from reality, will not know what happened, and the product manager will invent a good excuse for the failure.

    It is not like Microsoft Teams is a superior product or something? the competition is full with better alternatives. :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-29T21:10:23+00:00

    I do not want to provide my phone number, my cell is the only number I do not get telemarketing and scam calls on and I can assure you once I put my number here I will start getting them. Why do you need my cell number. I have had my account forever and there are other security measures that can be used.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-29T08:12:07+00:00

    I live in a mobile blackspot, by the time I can get the sms text the page on my pc has timed out so will just carry on with FB/Zoom.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments