Teams account for child without phone number

Anonymous
2020-07-26T19:12:12+00:00

I am trying to set up teams accounts for my 2 kids since we all will need different logins between my work and their school.  I was able to create the account, get a verification email to the child's email address, but when I try to finish setting up the account, it requires a phone number.  My children do not have phones and it will not let me use my phone number again.  How do I set it up without requiring another phone number?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-15T17:45:54+00:00

    the links is dead

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-05T04:31:23+00:00

    Microsoft is trying to push people to Teams From Skype. I understand That. Teams is pretty much a new version of Skype. Skype only Needed your Microsoft Account. Teams also Needs a Phone Number!!! Ridiculous. Microsoft, Either put all of the Teams features into Skype, or Stop asking for a Phone Number! It's That Simple! I want to talk to my Friends in Teams instead of Skype, and They Don't have a phone or/and phone number!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-18T23:32:33+00:00

    This policy does NOT guarantee validation, which is the excuse/justification MS is using, and is yet another INTRUSIVE violation of privacy, making all users susceptible to being hacked on another level! NO!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-14T22:45:46+00:00

    MS wants your phone number so when you go over their 'free' limits on the product, they will directly bill your cell account for the usage making it extremely difficult to reverse the charges. Read their usage policy, they have 'waived' their current fee schedule due to covid but do not list when they will reinstate it, so they will be catching loads of people that got used to using the service unaware and cash in huge.

    Would you expect anything else from such a company?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T17:51:13+00:00

    It seems everything MS is doing these days is utter ****. Killed off MSN, butchered Skype, now I cant use an addon for a Hotmail account I've have for over 20 years?! I dont give my number out at all and Ill be damned if Im giving it to you now.

    There are so many better alternatives it boggles the mind you'd make yours so bloody annoying to set up.

    Absolute b0llocks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments