Teams account for child without phone number

Anonymous
2020-07-26T19:12:12+00:00

I am trying to set up teams accounts for my 2 kids since we all will need different logins between my work and their school.  I was able to create the account, get a verification email to the child's email address, but when I try to finish setting up the account, it requires a phone number.  My children do not have phones and it will not let me use my phone number again.  How do I set it up without requiring another phone number?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-02T19:33:20+00:00

    I have the same issue. 

    I did use family phone numbers as u suggested but the kids were booted because those numbers belong to other Ms accounts. Could we maybe authenticate with Ms authenticator or the office app instead of needing a 6yo to have a phone number. 

    This is pretty ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T07:05:16+00:00

    I think we all understand that it is important to validate a known identity when using the service, but my children are part of my MS family setup and have validated accounts, so why would teams require a unique mobile number to validate identity when Teams uses their MS Office365 accounts? I was thinking Teams could be the solution to my family messaging problem but with this limitation it is off the cards....

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-27T02:43:42+00:00

    Hello Jennifer,

    Apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused to you. My view of point is that it should be a security measure and can’t be bypassed. Therefore, we need to use a unique phone number for each Teams sign-up. You could kindly ask other family members whether they can share their phone numbers for Teams sign-up.

    Best Regards,

    Anna

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments