Teams account for child without phone number

Anonymous
2020-07-26T19:12:12+00:00

I am trying to set up teams accounts for my 2 kids since we all will need different logins between my work and their school.  I was able to create the account, get a verification email to the child's email address, but when I try to finish setting up the account, it requires a phone number.  My children do not have phones and it will not let me use my phone number again.  How do I set it up without requiring another phone number?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-03T20:59:32+00:00

    you are not helping with security.

    rather harvesting phone numbers.

    i will be happy to direct each and every client i ever have in the future to alternate solutions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-27T14:25:23+00:00

    Couldn't agree more on this. How can this be targeted to families when they're not allowing those family members to join? **shaking head**

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-27T12:47:34+00:00

    This has to be the dumbest thing I have seen Microsoft do in a while. I have three children under the age of 10, why would they roll out Teams for families and schools and have require a unique phone number for child Microsoft accounts. They are under my Microsoft account as children. Prepare to have teams go down a pile of flames for schools and families. They will just stick to products that work, like Zoom and Google. Teams will be relegated to an enterprise only product. Good fumble for a technical hurdle that “can not be bypassed due to security.” SMH

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-10T14:40:57+00:00

    Same. Im a kid on this and I dont have a phone. Please can you help? I want to talk to my friends on this. 

    Hope you understand :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-27T23:10:33+00:00

    Has this issue been fixed yet?

    I only have access to one phone number but I want to have two teams accounts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments