Microsoft Teams remains in "Hang on while we get things set up for you!" forever while initializing the application

Anonymous
2020-06-22T14:20:37+00:00

The subject says it all.   I'd love to provide more useful information but I don't have any more useful information to provide.  All I see is a spinning circle graphic and "Hang on while we get things set up for you!". Where do I begin?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T14:06:15+00:00

    Glad I could help! You'd think Microsoft would have figured this out years ago.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T02:34:36+00:00

    I think I may have figured out the issue, the Teams app (on my Android phone at least) had all "permissions" denied.  Oddly I tried to select "all permissions" but it would not take so I had to manually, and individually, allow storage, phone, camera, microphone, etc.  I'm assuming "storage" was the culprit, more than likely Teams was trying to write a file to the phone and the endless loop was a result of that failure.

    Thanks bro! You provided the clue. I think I had settled this issue on my HUAWEI Mate 20 just set "storage", "phone" and "microphone" as "Allowed". Launched 2 times and reboot phone 1 time, so far so good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-13T14:01:49+00:00

    I think I may have figured out the issue, the Teams app (on my Android phone at least) had all "permissions" denied.  Oddly I tried to select "all permissions" but it would not take so I had to manually, and individually, allow storage, phone, camera, microphone, etc.  I'm assuming "storage" was the culprit, more than likely Teams was trying to write a file to the phone and the endless loop was a result of that failure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-11T07:48:35+00:00

    Same problem (mobile Android).
    It just stops loading after the first launch.
    Even tried to play with deleting and recreating working profile on my phone. No luck.
    Looks like when app realize what it is installed on android device - it simply run "unholy_google" subderrective to stop working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-07T02:13:44+00:00

    I'Ve the same issue on mobile phone and i am using the Android phone

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments